‘The Oscars of takeaway’
After the most extraordinary year, in which restaurants and takeaways around the country rose to the occasion to keep us all going through the pandemic, we’ve finally reached the time to celebrate.
The 2021 British Takeaway Awards gave everyone who loves their local food spot a chance to vote for their favourite takeaway. These are, quite simply, the most prestigious awards in our industry, and the quality of the entries this year gave the judges a lot to deliberate over.
MEET THE BRITISH TAKEAWAY AWARD WINNERS
Best Takeaway in Britain, Sakushi
Owner, Stuart opened Sakushi when he was still a student at Sheffield Hallam university. 14 years on, the business is going from strength to strength. Today they employ 15 people in creating their hugely popular Japanese style ‘tapas’ dishes.
Why they won
The judges were won over by Sakushi's real passion for delivering the highest quality takeaway and service. Working consistently to stay at the top of their game.
Sakushi has cemented its prominent position in Japanese cuisine in Yorkshire.
- Large selection of sushi, donburi, poke bowls.
- Extensive vegan and vegetarian menu, which led them to be regular favourites with Sheffield’s Vegan Society.
Supporting the local community
- Sakushi donates a percentage of each month’s takings to Sheffield Children’s Hospital as a way of ‘giving back’ for all the exceptional work they do.
- They also support Rainbow Laces – a charity working with the LGBTQ+ community aiming to put a stop to homophobia in football.
Standing out from the crowd
- Consistently high reviews and speedy delivery service contributed to them retaining Just Eat ‘Local Legend’ status.
- All staff were given a pay rise despite a difficult year with bonuses for staff who reach the ‘Star team member’ targets.
“We are so fortunate to have such a dedicated, enthusiastic and supportive team who truly are at the heart of our business; so much so, that we often refer to ourselves as a family.”
“We have been considered one of the best Japanese takeaways in the UK for the last 10 years, so to receive confirmation of something that we have worked so hard to achieve is heart-warming, and a moment we will forever cherish.”
Stuart, Restaurant Owner
Regional Awards Winners
- Best Takeaway in Central London - Eastern Cuisine Indian Restaurant & Takeaway
- Best Takeaway in Greater London - Wicked Wings
- Best Takeaway in South East - Burgers, Wings & Ribs
- Best Takeaway in South West - V. Dorset Delivery
- Best Takeaway in East Midlands - Chris's Fish & Chips
- Best Takeaway in West Midlands - Lime Pickle
- Best Takeaway in North East - Casa Rosa
- Best Takeaway in North West - Bun & Bones Club
- Best Takeaway in Yorkshire - Sakushi
- Best Takeaway in Scotland - Burger Island
- Best Takeaway in Wales - Mint Room
- Best Takeaway in Northern Ireland - Manny’s
Judge’s Awards Winners
Best Chain in Britain - Nuudle Bar
Best Takeaway Chef in Britain - Ka Hou Fernandez, Streatham Kitchen
New to Delivery - Chickenish
Good Deed Hero - British Raj Express
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 2021 BRITISH TAKEAWAY AWARD WINNERS