TOP TIPS FOR ENTERING THE QUALITY FOOD AWARDS 2022
The Quality Food Awards are open for entries and on the hunt for the very best in food and non-alcoholic drink in the UK food industry. Now in their 43rd year, they have become renowned as one of the most prestigious awards to win in the food sector. Products are judged according to a long established ten point judging criteria, covering all aspects of the product from aroma, flavour, texture, value for money, ingredients, and above all else, taste.
Whether you are a small producer, a challenger brand or a retailer, the awards cover all corners of the market - from all year round to vegan, free from, Christmas and foodservice.
Winning products receive free usage of the consumer recognised Quality Food Awards logo, which can be used in the media, on your product packaging and across marketing collateral, offering you a significant sales advantage and increased visibility.
Every year the Quality Food Awards receive hundreds of entries, but some are more effective than others. Here are a few top tips for maximising your chances of success for your entries this year.
- Make sure you pick the right category for your product
- Consider your product choice carefully, especially if you have a range of flavours
- Ensure you complete all the information requested i.e. pack shot, ingredients, price etc, our judges read it all as well as taste the products
- Use the description to tell us what makes your product special, don’t be afraid to tell the judges how great it is!
- Ensure you provide the recommended number of products in your delivery and follow the delivery guidelines supplied
- Bonus Tips - To help you out, the Quality Food Awards team have created a step-by-step guide for entering your products, which can be downloaded here. Make sure you read this before starting your entry. And click here to discover more helpful tips from the awards chair of judges, Simon Wright.
Last year’s Quality Food Awards winners include Clandeboye Estate Yoghurt who picked up the Product of the Year Award with their Madagascan Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt and Bio & Me who won Gold in Cereals and Porridge. Superkraut Red Hot Firekraut, Good Nude Foods won Gold in Store Cupboard - Pickled and Fermented while Jason’s White Ciabattin won Gold in Loaves and Rolls.
Last year’s Small Producer Award was given to two exceptional products: Caliendo's Gelato Bronte Pistachio and Pelagonia Aivar, Meridiano Import. Caliendo’s Gelato impressed the judging panel with the fresh and creamy taste of their beautiful pistachio gelato, as well as the passion and family heritage behind the product. Upon tasting Pelagonia Aivar, the panel were immediately drawn to the creamy, clean taste. The judges were impressed with the company ethos and cooperation with the growers of the ingredients, as well as the versatility of the product.
To find out more about the awards categories and criteria, visit the website below. Good luck!